so i liked how it worked last week so much i’m moving my shopping day to tuesday. and, since we went out sunday night after the power went out (for 11 hours!) we had sunday’s dinner last night. which brings us to today…
- tuesday: pot roast; potatoes & carrots
- wednesday: fried chicken; mashed potatoes; peas & corn
- thursday: ??? dave’s taking shane to a soccer game and i’ll be running around shuttling people where they need to be so the little kids and i might grab something or have sandwiches or something.
- friday: pizza; green beans
- saturday: beef stew; sourdough
- sunday: omelets; toast
- monday: leftovers
and no, we’re not having corned beef and cabbage tonight. the first year we were married, i made it at dave’s request. haven’t done it since, and no, i don’t feel guilty. i told him that if he really, really wanted to have it for st. patrick’s day, he could knock himself out and make it himself. not really my cup of tea… i must not be irish.
**edited to add** just have to say that i did my shopping today and got out of safeway having only spent $66.86!!! AND, that was after buying a few treats for kate’s birthday (happy birthday, kate!) plus extra chicken and extra stew beef. HOLY COW! makes me wonder what i usually spend so much money on! i did, however, look closely at the safeway flyer while i was planning my meals this week, so that probably helped a lot. woo hoo!