Skip to main content

instafriday

I just looked at the calendar and realized that there are only 2 more fridays left of the summer. eek!!! I guess I shouldn’t complain since most of the rest of the country have already gone back to school at this point…

so here, once again, are my instagrams for the week, linking up!instafridaybutton

003

my daughter’s white board strikes again! awww…

005

our first blooming sunflower!

016

rose bouquet cut from our many gorgeous rose bushes!

018

my first ALMOST ripe tomato of the season! (I picked it a couple days later and had it on a salad. more to come! tons of green ones. it makes buying tomatoes at the store seem really, really lame…)

020

my bush beans have flowers…

026

I was feeling sort of sick/run down, so I took a nap… when I wasn’t staring at the ceiling feeling sorry for myself…

028

um… yeah, apparently it’s not actually ‘hippo food’ (as we call it), but rubber chicken eggs? I don’t know. but are the hippos going to eat the eggs? this whole scenario is a little bit disturbing and I think I need to stop analyzing it.

030

this one does NOT like to lose. he’s such a fabulous mariokart player (yes, I feel a little pathetic bragging about that), that when he’s NOT in 1st, he freaks out! yeah, we need to work on that… 3rd child…

040

confession: I LOVE taco bell. taco bell used to be a staple in my diet. chicken soft taco, bean burrito (minus the red sauce and onions), mountain dew. 1 package of fire sauce on both. oh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it… and it’s not even 10 am and I’m not done with my coffee… but still. at any rate, in my old (wise) age, I’ve come to the (obvious) conclusion that eating such food crap on a regular basis is likely NOT the best for me (add in the fact that my children won’t eat anything there) and the taco bell drive-thru and I haven’t seen very much of each other in recent years. I didn’t even realize how much I missed it until mary posted a pic, similar to this one, on instagram and it hit me. OH, HOW I MISS TACO BELL!!! so, on sunday, we were out running around, and my husband was struck by sudden hunger! YES! so I ordered myself a chicken soft taco, squeezed on a package of fire sauce and scratched the itch. it. was. so. good… (in a bad fast food sorta way.)

042

a new fave… discovered when someone left a bottle at my house recently. and it was on sale! even better.

002

I figure it’s still morning until this is empty. and as long as it’s still summer, I don’t have to do anything while it’s still morning!

018

is it necessary to caption this? how about, just awesome.

019

a quick fix for starving people having car trouble. I’m pretty sure that little caesar’s is now the ultimate in ghetto pizza, but $5 is hard to argue with when you’re STARVING (and forking over more money to make your car run)!

021

I was chanting “hurry, hurry, hurry!”

023

followed by, “aaaaaaaaahhhhh…” yeah, I might have a little, minor, obsession with coffee… just a little. (she takes a sip.) but it’s okay, because it’s not like I’m in denial about it or anything.

027

my kids did this… and that’s all I have to say about that.

030

spontaneously scoured my kitchen sink… I should do that more often.

032

YES!!!! it is finally summer here! of course, everyone (except me) is bemoaning how hot it is, turning on their AC (why do people even have AC around here?) today, they issued a heat advisory! meanwhile, I’m in heaven!

050

I am SO looking forward to lunch today. fresh basil is one of those things that makes me go weak in the knees… I think I might go sniff it now…

Comments

you may like...

first day of school

so, we started school today. this is a big deal because it is OUR first day of official homeschooling. you know, here. at home. most everyone reading this is already aware of the fact that shane has been homeschooled since first grade, but that he has spent the majority of that ‘school’ time, with my mother as his ‘teacher’. this was a fine arrangement, she was willing and more than qualified, and he was learning. but for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being my mother’s current cancer issues, it had become clear that it was time for me to take over. AND,with layla being 4 now, i really wanted to do a little bit more preschool stuff with her. being a little bit of a chicken flake, i (with much urging from my loving husband) decided the best route to go would be with a packaged curriculum. i figured it would be the most time-effective way to cover what we needed to cover, and be somewhat dummy-proof, but at the same time, having the option to supplement with as much

i have "done something"

about shane's room. if you notice over there on my BIG FAT TO DO LIST, for ages now, i've had "do something about shane's room" on the list. and it has sat there on the list, doing nothing.  well yesterday, we "did something". i couldn't put "clean shane's room".  that wouldn't really cover it.  i wasn't sure exactly how to phrase what is was that needed to be done in there, mainly because i don't really know the proper grammatical term for "set off 4 sticks of dynamite followed by much jackhammering and industrial vacuuming".  needless to say, it was a pit! every saturday, one of his chores is to clean his room.  but at this point, that was just putting clothes in the basket, books on the shelf, toys in bins, etc.  anything else was WAY too big of an undertaking for a 9 year old boy on his way out the door. sadly, i didn't think to take a 'before' picture, so i didn't bother with an '

for my not-so-american friends

i didn't have an actual roll w/ the green plaid on it, but i found a refill and an empty roll in my junk drawer (yeah, i know, that should tell me something).  but even the empty one says 'scotch' on it.  there you go!  SCOTCH TAPE!

project life 2014 week 3

monday: every time I get out of the shower, this cat is waiting for me, so he can get in and lick up the water off the floor of the shower. it’s his favorite way to get a drink. cats are weird. tuesday: this cracked me up. had micah at the grocery store with me and he spots the produce scale. so of course, he wanted to weigh something. he went for his little donkey kong lego toy that he had with him. tuesday: this is my parents’ cat, beatrice. she is small and feisty, and has the prettiest eyes ever. she’s not so fond of it when I come over to make up beds, and usually finds herself made into one because she refuses to move. wednesday: layla has been very interested in all things domestic lately, and really wants to learn how to cook. so I told her she could start helping me make dinner. this night, it was homemade, cheesy mac & cheese with ham and peas & carrots. she did almost all of it herself. from boiling the noodles, to cutting the cheese (yes, I did just say that), mi

Micah’s Birthday

This kid had the audacity to turn 13 yesterday… As was expected, I was a bit of a hot mess about the whole affair. Here’s his “last day to be 12” photo. He ran out of fingers a couple years ago, so taking a page out of Shane’s book, he borrowed a couple of feet from the cat to make 12. But, not too old to choose Lucky Charms for his birthday breakfast. He got his happy birthday facetime call first thing and got to open his gift from Gramma and Skip while they watched… He’s had a boom box on his list this year. You might remember that 2 years ago, it was a Walkman. The obsession with 80s audio continues. Gramma found this one and it seems to fit the bill. Looks totally retro, plays and records tapes but also has radio AND a USB port so he could use some modern tech with it, as well. So, he spent the morning taking advantage of the birthday allowances of not having to do his weekend chores and lifted time limits on video games… all while listening to the radio or one