monday: at the band concert last week, I mentioned to mr. kelly that shane was thinking of switching to french horn next year. on monday, he came home with one! apparently the school has a few that aren’t being used and since so few kids want to play french horn, he was more than willing to get shane started right away! what a freakin’ cool instrument!! I actually had to MAKE shane stop practicing.
thursday: science fair at the school. layla did her project on labrador retrievers. shane did his on how the storage temperature of popcorn affects how it pops. these two pics will also be collaged together in the book.
friday: ginger and toby, in the closest proximity they’ve been since ginger moved in… the reason? I was eating a piece of turkey… yes, both are quite food-motivated. (I’m suspicious that toby may be part lab. but don’t tell him that, I’m sure he’d be offended!)
- ginger passed the crusty casserole dish test! she gets to stay!
- shane and micah, starting the family band.
- layla, trying out the trumpet
- shane as the one man band… yes, he was able to get sound out of both instruments at once. and, because you use your left hand to press the valves on the french horn, and the right hand on the trumpet, you could, technically play something worth listening to…
- FINALLY! a vacuum that sucks! we had to replace our vacuum cleaner and I decided to just fork over the dough and get a GOOD one. I LOVE IT!
- micah and finnigan – on saturday, we went to look at a house down their way, so we stopped by amy’s house afterward. it’s so funny because finnigan loves for micah to play with him!
- that’s shane and an ENORMOUS spoonful of peanut butter. snack of choice around our house. yes, we’re weird like that.