this is probably one of the worst areas of my closet… as in, I have the most of these, and most are hardly worth mentioning.
- red v-neck, flowery tunic-type shirt (ross): I actually LOVE this shirt. I love the tunic style, because it is flattering to those of us who have had children and may or may not have something to hide in the mid-section. with this type of shirt, you’ll never know!
- yellow boatneck (weekenders - via my MIL): I like the style of this shirt, because it’s kind of like a plain t-shirt, but it’s not. I also like that it is of a decent length. I’m not sure how I feel about the color, though.
- seafoam green horizontal stripe polo (target – via thrift store): I like the buttons on this shirt. and that’s about it.
- navy MOMS club t-shirt (MOMS club order): I don’t like this shirt, but it serves an occasional purpose. so I guess as long as I’m mildly active in MOMS club, I’ll hang on to it.
- white polo (target – via mary): I like this shirt, but don’t like the way it fits. it’s a little small – tighter than I’d like, and kinda short.
- blue v-neck heart tunic-type shirt (ross): yes, this shirt is the same as the red one from the first picture, and I also LOVE it. I don’t like that I have two practically identical shirts, but I couldn’t decide which one I liked more, so I bought them both. oh well. I like it for all the same reasons as the red one, but the little hearts kinda make me think of the 80’s without looking dated.
- green polo (target – via mary): same as white one above, and with the same fit issues. maybe I can go on a diet.
- brown embellished shirt (target – via thrift store): I LOVE this shirt. the embellishment on the collar and sleeves are beads. it’s kinda loose and drapey, a good length… LOVE it. this is a keeper.
- red v-neck (target): i kinda like this shirt. I like the color – it’s a deep red, not a bright red. I’m not crazy about the fit – a little tight. but I really have it because it goes under a sweater I have. I don’t know if that’s a good enough reason to keep it, but if I keep the sweater, I have to keep this shirt. I also have a mustard yellow one just like it that is not pictured because I’m currently wearing it. I have it for the same reason, different sweater.
- blue rainbow-y tunic-style shirt (ross): another shirt I LOVE. there is actually nothing about this shirt that I don’t like. so if you don’t like it, too bad.
- white v-neck (walmart): I used to love this shirt. 5 and a half years ago when I bought it. I love the feel, the fit, and everyone needs a good white t-shirt. that’s what this used to be. but now it’s worn, thin, stained, grayed, and all those things that happen to your favorite white t-shirt after 5 and a half years of love. this needs to be replaced, but I’m not willing to part with this until I do. sad, I know.
- mud hens t-shirt (toledo mud hens game – via dave): dave got me this shirt at a baseball game. I like it, but I usually just use it as a shirt under a hoodie. occasionally I wear it by itself in the summer. aside from the fact that the mud hens are the AAA team in the closest city to where I lived in ohio for 2 years, I have no special attachment to the team.
- purplish v-neck (target): I really like this shirt. mainly I love the color. it’s identical to the red one (and mustard yellow) that I mentioned above. like the others, it’s a little on the tight side, but still, I love the color.
- navy t-shirt (fred meyer): I don’t like this shirt at all. it’s small, faded, old. I keep it because I wear it under a sweater. it doesn’t match very well, but is the closest thing I have. yes, I am aware that that is a lame reason to have it in my closet.
- gray t-shirt (fred meyer): same as the blue one, completely, including the reason I’m keeping it. BUT, this one actually does match the sweater.
- white ‘west coast’ v-neck (my mom): I don’t like this shirt. it’s hard to get on and off because it is kinda fitted, but not stretchy enough to accommodate that. I keep it to wear under hoodies.
- pink scoop neck t-shirt (walmart): I hate this shirt. I like the color, and I have use for a pink t-shirt often, but I hate the way this one fits. it’s too baggy and gets stretched out easily. I got it shortly after my beloved white one (above), hoping it would fit the same. FAIL.
- black tunic-style shirt (express – via thrift store): I LOVE this shirt. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. it’s got little patches of bling up on the shoulders. it’s really long, so it has a different look than your standard shirt. and it’s loose and flowy. the only thing I don’t like about it is it’s hand-wash/line dry, but I’ll deal.
okay. that’s it. that is the sum total of all my short sleeve shirts.
please excuse me, I have some tossing to do.