- smoothie – banana, plain greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, cocoa powder, milled flax seed, tiny drizzle of honey, splash of vanilla extract.
- 2 roll-ups – 1 leaf kale, 1 slice cheese (swiss or cheddar), 1 slice meat (ham or turkey) in each.
- beef stew – stew beef, carrots, celery, onions, a little bit of peas and corn (to use up some I had in the freezer). the broth is just water added and simmered after browning the meat, plus a little salt and pepper. (in the past, I thicken the broth w/ flour to make it more ‘stew-y’, but left it out this time. it was just as yummy, so I think I’ll continue to leave that out.)
snacks (at various times throughout the day):
- cherry tomatoes
- celery sticks w/ almond butter
- dried nectarines
- sliced apple
- mixed nuts and raisins
- coffee w/ honey and half & half (one cup in the morning, one in the afternoon w/ my mom)
- water (and more water!)
- water w/ a slice of lemon