
I was an anxious wreck, partly because of our traveling entourage (roof box, borrowed tent trailer, bike rack) which causes me to believe we will have some sort of major malfunction on the freeway and either die in a fiery crash or spew our belongings all over, causing someone else to have to avoid them and thus die in a fiery crash. I also always assume we will all contract some highly contagious plague, which will ruin the trip, and that something horrible will happen to our pets/house while we are away, and that we have most likely forgotten to bring something highly important/expensive/hard to find, which would make purchasing on the road/living without it impossible.
I'm aware that I have issues.
Actually, I like to think of it as a superpower.

At any rate, it was entirely unfounded. Nobody died or wrecked or anything like that.
Mostly, all we did yesterday was drive. We stopped in Cheney for lunch at Zips, where we sat near a delightful group of old men who were drinking coffee and talking about a variety of entertaining topics), and a drive-by tour of campus and various places I lived while in college (Streeter Hall, apartment on 2nd street, and "the $h!t#y house").

From there, we drove through Spokane, saw a sign for "Thor Road", where Layla wants to move (all the houses there were built with very large hammers), crossed into Idaho and, not much later, Montana.
That part of Montana is gorgeous. I want to live in Avon, MT. Helena is beautiful as well. We stopped to use a bathroom in a Safeway there. On the way out, we saw the Capitol building, so we stopped to walk around a little and read signs and take pictures.



After that, we headed to our campground and got set up. It was pretty late, especially since we had crossed over into mountain time, so we had a quick dinner of cereal, prepped the coffee for morning, and then went to bed.
License plate stats: 24 states, 2 provinces.
States visited: 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment
all comments are moderated. unkind comments will be deleted.