Tuesday, December 8, 2015


my alarm went off today at 6:10. A full 40 minutes later than usual. Sick days (when you’re not dying and you actually have a pre-arranged sub) are awesome. I went downstairs, poured some coffee with eggnog, made a sandwich for shane, let the dog in, turned on the christmas tree lights, and sat down to catch up on all the excitement that is my FB newsfeed. The highlight is always the “on this day” reel. It’s fun to relive who I used to be. I also read about 2 different friends who have stomach flu going through their houses and made me want to put a plastic haz-mat bubble around the house and not let anyone out.

took meds to rid myself of stupid pink eye and sinus infection which are the reason behind my second sick day in a row.

after shane left for the bus, I woke up my other kids. micah is still sleeping in his tent. he says he doesn’t want to take it down until the first day of winter. you know, because camping in the winter is not the best idea. layla was not so enthusiastic to get up. it might be the cold she has. or it might be the fact that she was up until 10:45 last night, reading HP4.

rejoiced at the discovery that I did not have to make lunches because today’s hot lunch was something my kids both consider edible. waffles.

one kid on the bus. the other dropped off, 5 minutes late – as usual, to marimba practice.

came home and wrote email to sniffly kid’s teacher, explaining why I sent her to school and why she is tired, and basically called myself out as a bad parent. I hope she gets that I joke a lot. she probably doesn’t. I assume that a lot, incorrectly.



did a little O2 business stuff. messaged with hubby.

tried to figure out how I could maintain my income without maintaining my job.

discovered that bunches of our library books are overdue. frantically renewed and tried to find the ones that can’t be renewed. Still can’t find (or renew) some my little pony book. grr. story of my life.

went to library. returned books.

checked out books.

went to walgreens.

spent way too long contemplating eye shadow colors (mostly because I know nothing about that, except that apparently I should wear blue to bring out the brown in my eyes – something about being opposite on the color wheel). finally settled on 2 different palettes. 2 eyeliner pencils. 1 mascara… thanks pink eye. I totally wanted to replace all my eye makeup.

back home. loaded and ran dishwasher. grilled a salami and cheese sandwich on sourdough. didn’t butter the bread because I hate that it makes my fingers all slimy when I eat it. washed my plate and pan I used to grill the sandwich.

washed a load of towels in dawn dish soap and vinegar. I hate musty, stinky towels.

put in eye drops.

set up to do an online barre3 workout. selected 40 minute workout. cast to our projector in the living room. internet cut out 3 times. lame.

drank water.

browsed expensive athletic underwear online. was dismayed to find more of the same stuff I’ve already tried and don’t like… thongs, bikinis, laser-cut hipsters, laser-cut “cheekies” (seriously. what is behind this movement. why on earth would I WANT to buy underwear that covers part, but not all, of my butt and is intended for my “cheeks” to hang out. HOW IS THAT COMFORTABLE???? and furthermore, if the underwear does not come down and “hook” under my butt cheeks, what could possibly keep it from creeping up into nether regions where I do not want it???)

wondered what the female version of compression shorts is.

found compression shorts.

did not spend $30 on them.

continued to wonder what female athletes wear for underwear that doesn’t chafe, ride up, floss their hoo-haw, OR look terrible under spandex (fear the VPL!). it’s a perpetual problem.

browsed expensive yoga wear on lululemon site.

browsed expensive running wear on lululemon site.

concluded that if I spent enough money on attractive running wear, I might stay warm and dry and be slightly more motivated to run in our crappy weather.

probably not, but I’d look cute.

shane got home and I wanted to look productive, so I leapt from the computer before he walked in and ran to the kitchen where I nonchalantly began unloading the dishwasher – like that’s what I’d been doing all day…

“how was school, etc.”

lectured him about cleaning the cat box and other such responsibilities because “I can’t do everything around here” and all that…

put towels in the dryer.

dragged the vacuum cleaner upstairs and vacuumed. put fans in closet next to attic entry. it’s closer than where they’ve been since the end of summer, which was against the wall in my bedroom. baby steps.

reassembled hungry hungry hippos game that has been kicked multiple times recently because it resides in my bedroom doorway. not sure why.


kids got home.

peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...