first off, excuse the fact that I’m giving somebody the mom stink eye in this photo… I think I had kids bickering in the hall or something…
- top: express via thrift store
- jeans: gap via thrift store
- black mary jane’s: born
I love these shoes. there are very few actual shoes that I like. okay, that’s not true. I LIKE a lot of shoes. I don’t like to wear a lot of shoes. I have very sensitive feet and wearing shoes that actually enclose my toes drives me nuts. in the summer, I live in flip flops and in the winter, I live in uggs. it’s the closest you can get to NOT wearing shoes. socks drive me nuts, too. I think it has to do with years and years of my feet being shoved into these: or these:
for many hours of the day for many years… yeah, sensitive feet. but born shoes are one of the few brands I’ve found that are 100% comfortable (and 100% cute), even though they’re REAL shoes! now, if only they were cheap…
at any rate, this outfit is perfect for a parent/student meeting at the junior high your kid will be attending in a week, and a sunday school planning meeting at church, plus dinner! (p.s. don’t you just love the sparkles on the shoulders??? I do!)
- top: ross (a million years ago)
- jeans: thrifted
- SIL on the phone: courtesy of my husband’s brother! ;) hi mary!
- coffee mug: handmedown from my mom
- hairdo: idea courtesy of the pleated poppy!
this outfit is perfect for another trip to the pediatrician. and, of course, as soon as I’d decided to cut off all my hair, this brilliant 3 bun hairstyle shows up. LOVE! so, I had to try it out at least once. I was skeptical about how well my hair would hold it, but it actually lasted all day!
- top: handmedown
- jeans: handmedown
- belt: walmart
- jade necklace: family heirloom
I really didn’t have much going on this day, except a mountain of laundry to deal with, some general kid dropping and fetching, and that sort of thing.
well, I really thought I’d escaped my not-so-awesome soccer mom apparel this day, until I was going through the pictures I took on my camera from our full saturday of soccer and found all the pics my 4 year old took to entertain himself… and there I was.
nothing even remotely exciting to report about this outfit, and the shoes were a HUGE mistake. I love my chucks, don’t get me wrong. they are a replacement for a pair of identical ones I had in college that I literally wore until they fell apart. however, remember my above story about my hatred of wearing shoes? these are like the epitome of everything I hate about wearing shoes. they’re great if I don’t have to walk anywhere, but that day I swear I walked miles and miles around all the soccer fields. I wanted to wear real shoes (not flip flops) because I knew that the grass would be all wet in the morning. I had intended to wear some running shoes, but in our rush to get out the door, I went into the garage and discovered that they weren’t on the shelf, so I just threw these on instead. ugh. by the afternoon games, I had ditched them and spent the rest of the afternoon barefoot.
- top: handmedown
- skirt: anne klein via thrift store (THIS is the famous $99 skirt that I paid 99 cents for. not only is it a really nice skirt, the excitement of that bargain makes it even nicer. the original store tag was still on it when I bought it at the thrift store. I can’t remember what it was marked there, but it was the color tag that was .99 that day. SCORE!
- sandals: payless (super old!)
so yeah, that’s what a $99 skirt looks like!
so, quite obviously, this was a cleaning day. and I dressed appropriately. it was also the last day before my scheduled haircut and my hairdresser had sent me an email in which she mentioned something about me probably having the best hair day ever since I was planning to whack it all off the next day. so I made sure that didn’t happen by wadding it up in a messy bun. HA!
- top: giants clubhouse at at&t park courtesy of my hubby (this was a make-up shirt to replace the not-so-awesome one he had bought me the previous summer. **coughcoughbrightorangetshirtcoughcough**)
- capris: gap via thrift store
long hair, down, hasn’t been washed in days and days and days… just waiting to be whacked off. and I do mean whacked!
happy wednesday, everyone! what’cha wearin’?