sunday was our mt. si hike, and I took the panoramic shot that dave took and had it printed on an 8x12, and then just cropped off the extra. I would have liked to have it taller so you could see more, but 12 inches is as wide as I could have it printed and still fit it in the book. so that spans the bottom slots in the book. I did a collage for the rest of the mt. si pics.
our weekly log, I printed full size on printer paper so it would fit on the back of the collage. and then I have a strip of instagrams. I only had 10 to fill in, so I just filled in the inner most column and sliced off the rest of the sheet. don’t worry, I saved it.
this week I had 2 columns worth of instagrams, and cut off the rest. I also printed our weekly log half as wide, with half on each side of the paper. then I put it in a regular 8.5x11 page protector, sliced off the extra, and bound it off by folding a strip of cardstock in half over the end and securing it to the page protector with adhesive. I like the way it looks, but it’s a lot of work. still looking for the best way to handle this.
and the back side is pictures I took of the kids playing with bubbles. one, I loved so much I blew it up and had it printed 12 inches tall, and then cropped it to 6 inches wide so I could fit it in the 4 right hand slots of this page. I LOVE it.
week 25: this is a HUGE week. I have so much stuff in here. I have a single column of instagrams, which I put in some of the previously cropped off pages, and then just 3 hole punched the side. no waste! and I’ve now figured out what I think is the easiest (although, kind of boring) way to get the weekly log into a standard page protector and crop it off without having to bind off any edges. I put it in the protector backwards and then slice off the side that has the holes, up to the edge of the paper, then 3 hole punch through the whole thing, paper and all. it keeps the page contained, with no loose edges. works for me!
and the 6th grade graduation program. I wanted this protected (mainly so it won’t get ripped out of the book) so I put it in a standard page protector with it’s fold next to the sealed side (opposite the holes) and then cropped off all 3 edges around it, then hole punched it and put it in the book like that. that way, it can be opened, but at least it’s somewhat protected.
then I have design G of pictures from graduation. I didn’t have enough vertical shots to fill this, so I took a couple that were horizontal and cropped them to 4x4 square (this leaves the image a little bigger/wider than if I were to crop them to 4x6 vertical), and mounted them on a piece of PL cardstock cut to 4x6 to fit in the slot.
this is another big week with lots of stuff to put in. I have 1 column of instagrams. our weekly log is a little wider this week because there was so much going on. but it doesn’t matter because the way I print them and include them now is completely versatile, size-wise.
and that’s june! can’t believe I’m halfway done with this year!