I assume everyone has one of these, or something similar. it’s the receptacle that sits somewhere in your laundry room and collects all the stuff you pull out of pockets as you are throwing clothes into the washer. mine sits on my dryer. it is not fancy. it is an old oxi-clean container.
generally, this bucket falls into the category of “stuff I don’t want to deal with”, but with moving, I’m more inspired to tackle this sort of thing because there is NO WAY I’m moving unnecessary crap.
I honestly have no idea how long it’s been since I last went through this, but it was WELL past time to do it.
- 2 baseball cards
- 1 ticket from the light-rail when shane and I went to the sounders game last august
- a small plastic fish from one of the math packs that layla brought home weekly from kindergarten (yes, that should have been returned a year ago).
- a triangle pattern block
- 2 miniature bowling pins
- a fancy polished rock
- 6 marbles
- a band from a road id bracelet
- 2 guitar picks
- 2 bicycle tubes. I have no idea if these are good or not.
- 2 small pins – one from heifer international with a goat on it, the other with a picture of a bike.
- the cap from a bike tube.
- 2 poker chips
- 2 buttons
- a stick pin
- 2 sets of glow in the dark vampire teeth
- a couple random legos
- a sequin
- a stash of ponytail holders and hair clips
- random hardware (screws, nails, washers, etc.)
- 85 cents
- a bowling belt loop from shane’s cub scout days
- 7 christmas light caps and a gutter clip
- 3 rubber bands
- a pile of safety pins
- the top of a mechanical pencil
- a brown bear car wash token
- 2 clips of varying sorts
- a bead braclet
- a tinker toy
- a pocket coin with a jesus fish on it
- a purple bead
- a tire pressure gauge
- a small green craft pompom
- a paperclip
- a wooden hole plug
- 2 foam heart stickers
- keys for a bike lock
- an outlet cover
- an extra link from my watch
- 3 round plastic things that I couldn’t identify
- a very dusty – covered in dryer lint – strap for sunglasses
- a water bill from 09
- other random papers dated 09
- a lunch receipt of dave’s
- and a set of headphones that does not belong to anyone in our family
and then there was all the lint.
I am happy to report that most of that stuff has been either returned to it’s appropriate home or thrown away. there are a few things left out because I’m not sure what to do with them.
maybe dave will know…