well, sorta. it’s tuesday, and yesterday was a total flop… so we’re doing it today. also because I actually know what we’re having for dinner tonight, AND am in current possession of ALL of the ingredients for it. it’s a miracle!
hopefully I’ll manage to pull off cooking it in a somewhat timely fashion… my ‘good luck’ is not running high today. got a ticket this morning, and this afternoon, I plunked a whole load of towels into the dryer and tried to turn it on. key word: tried. I was unsuccessful.
so I’m hoping everything else will work tonight.
- monday: taco del mar take-out! yup, good planning.
- tuesday: white chicken chili
- wednesday: roast beef; carrots; potatoes (sweet, for me!)
- thursday: leftovers of some sort (casting appt. #3 that afternoon)
- friday: pizza; green beans (and probably a big salad for me)
- saturday: paleo chicken parm; gf noodles/sautéed butternut squash; salad
- sunday: scrambles (eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage, etc…)
so, I did some shopping today. still need to hit costco for a few things, but I think I have everything I need for this plan except some red sauce for saturday and sausages for sunday, which is awesome!
I need to get better about planning and cooking and… well, everything actually. I’m WAY burnt out right now. I’m not sure what it is, but my homemaking skills are in the toilet. (and it’s not even a clean toilet.) I’m so sick of everything. I don’t want to cook, I don’t want to sweep the floor, I avoid doing dishes like the plague, and the laundry is even backed up. the laundry! I love doing laundry… ugh. seriously, there is not one room in my entire house that is not a complete and total sty right now. no, I don’t like it, but that doesn’t seem to be helping me FIX it either!
at any rate, I’m trying to dig my way out of my slump, and this is a start. at least I KNOW what we’re having for dinner! that’s a major improvement.