okay, enough with this summer laziness! school starts on wednesday and I’m tired of feeling disorganized. not to mention that the diet my children have been ingesting for the last couple of weeks is NOT something I’m willing to publish on the internet! okay, so we’ve been a bit scattered w/ my mom in the hospital and all that, but still. enough is enough!
- monday: pork chops; oven fries; green beans (fresh from the garden!)
- tuesday: chicken nuggets; tater tots; carrot sticks/cucumbers(don’t judge! it’s a busy night.)
- wednesday: meatloaf; mashed potatoes; green beans
- thursday: chicken vegetable soup; rolls
- friday: pizza and green beans
- saturday: hamburgers; veggies or salad
- sunday: waffles; sausages
yes, we’re having a lot of green beans right now. between mine (that didn’t get eaten by the deer) and my dad’s, we’ve got a lot of green beans! cucumbers too!
I don’t need to do a ton of shopping even. I’ll have some fruits and veggies coming in my veggie box on thursday. just need a couple of pounds of ground beef, some chicken broth (or maybe if I feel adventurous, I’ll just get a whole chicken and use it for the meat and make stock… we’ll see.), some buttermilk for the waffles, and the sausages… oh, and then I need to try and figure out the whole mystery of what my children will be taking in their lunches. yes, the concept of packing two lunches every day is stressing me out a little!