Tuesday, June 14, 2011

ham and lentil soup recipe

http://southernfood.about.com/od/beansoups/r/bl30117x.htm

this is the soup we had for dinner tonight. SO yummy.

I had a ham bone in the freezer and about a cup and a half of lentils, so this recipe worked out perfectly.

I left out the onion because dave can’t eat them right now. I also sautéed the celery and carrots in olive oil with a little bit of onion and garlic powder. next time I think I’ll cut the sugar a little and the salt. it was yummy, but I actually thought it was a little too flavorful (if that’s possible). maybe I just had a really flavorful ham bone.

at any rate, it was delish. layla even liked it, which is unusual. she usually has soup aversions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...