just got back from the store. i did really good this week. $64.71! which is great because i didn’t do so well last week. my total last week was .22 over budget and i had to dig a quarter out of my purse. this also didn’t include our easter dinner, which my parents provided most of, but i still had to get some things for dessert. so on sunday i had to borrow $20 from this week’s grocery money for that. at any rate, i knew in my planning that i was going to need a cheap week so i planned a couple meals out of the freezer, and another casserole that can use some leftover chicken from last week.
so here goes:
- tuesday: beef stew; sourdough
- wednesday: hash brown casserole
- thursday: white chicken chili; sourdough
- friday: pizza; green beans
- saturday: hamburgers; carrot sticks; chips
- sunday: breakfast burritos; hash browns
- monday: leftovers
i have to make a costco run this week too, but not for many food items, mostly diapers, wipes and pull-ups, and whatever else on the list i can afford after that. gotta love this budgeting stuff!